The First National Bank of Ely
Home Page Image

Our History

The First National Bank of Ely (FNB Ely) was chartered in 1907, opening its doors for business on February 23, 1907 with capital stock of $50,000.  The first location of FNB Ely was the southwest corner of the Northern Hotel, which had originally been the location of the White Pine County Bank.  The original White Pine County Bank safe is now on display in the lobby of our current location.

In 1908, the bank outgrew its quarters at the Northern Hotel and built a new building at 333 Aultman Street where the Zadow Hardware building once stood. In 1923, they again moved into the Northern Hotel, this time in the northwest corner, fronting Aultman Street but still bordering their original quarters.  FNB remodeled once again to occupy additional space at the Northern Hotel in l937.

The First National Bank of Ely continued to grow and moved to their present location at 595 Aultman Street on October 1, 1956.  The Board of Directors that year were:  Jay E. Brinton, President; John Data; John Eaby; Albert C. Gianoli, Vice-President; and Hunt Bernard.

Over the past 100+ years, FNB Ely has evolved from being run primarily by outside investors to becoming a family owned and managed community bank.

The current Chairman of the Board of The First National Bank of Ely is John Gianoli.  Paul Gianoli, Nancy Knudson, Lisa Gianoli, Jacki Hansen and Katie Gianoli-Rozich are the board members, with John serving as the Bank President, Jacki as the Bank Vice President/Loan Officer and Katie as the Bank Operations Officer/Cashier. The Bank now has over $90 million in assets.

The First National Bank of Ely located in the northwest corner of the Northern Hotel, circa 1940s.
Old Building

Member FDIC Equal Housing Lender